Onconova Therapeutics, Inc. is a Phase 3-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel small molecule drug candidates to treat cancer. Using a proprietary chemistry platform, Onconova has created a pipeline of targeted anti-cancer agents designed to work against specific cellular pathways that are important in cancer cells, while causing minimal damage to normal cells. Onconova has three product candidates in clinical trials and several active pre-clinical programs. Advanced clinical trials with Onconova's lead compound, rigosertib, are aimed at unmet medical needs of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
Click here to view our video, Onconova looks to demonstrate how its molecule can prolong cancer patient's lives – February 2019
- Pivotal Phase 3 trial INSPIRE on four continents for small molecule lead drug candidate rigosertib.
- Unique mechanism targets Ras pathways, the most sought after targets in oncology.
- Despite incidence of over 18,000 patients, no advancements in MDS in more than a decade.
- Current therapeutic options are not curative and carry many side effects.
- INSPIRE trial is focused on identified sub-population of patients where the drug was highly effective.
- Rigosertib is protected by issued patents and has been awarded Orphan Designation for MDS in the United States, Europe and Japan.
- Oral rigosertib, in combination with azacitidine, is being developed for a much larger patient population.Combination trial for front-line high risk MDS ready to advance to Phase 3 in H2-2018.
- Broad pipeline with clinical and several pre-clinical stage drug candidates.
Click here to view our Corporate Presentation.
Data Provided by Refinitiv. Minimum 15 minutes delayed.